These attitude requirements are designed to help guide the Tang Soo Do practitioner. Students should memorise them and understand the meaning.
1. Purpose of training should be enhancement of mental and physical betterment
2. All out effort
3. Maintain regular and constant practice
4. Serious Approach
5. Practice basic techniques all the time
6. Regular spaced practice sessions
7. Always listen to and follow the direction of instructors or seniors
8. Do not be overly ambitious
9. Frequently inspect your own achievements
10. Always follow a routine training schedule
11. Repeatedly practice all techniques already learned
12. When you learn new techniques, learn thoroughly the theory and philosophy as well
13. When you begin to feel idle, try to overcome this
14. Cleanliness is required after training. Keep yourself and your surroundings clean.